thank you Jeff for the pictures
This is a nice restaurant on University Ave, Palo Alto. It serves a variety of small portion of food, namely Toppas. Since it's small portion, don't expect to get full on this unless you really order a lot. But worry not, these dishes are meant for appetizers. Honestly I don't really remember what we ordered for Toppas. All we did was ordering whatever was on the menu lolllll. The only photo I have is the mini burgers. Well, all other people liked it, but it was just burgers to me......small burgers. It's good to have a taste of it, but in my opinion, don't see it as the most amazing thing you can get or else you'll be disappointed. Still, it wasn't bad.
Let's jump to the main course. We got the pork shoulder and mushroom paella. The waiter actually stopped us from ordering more, and it pissed me and my sister off because no one stops us from ordering more when we want to. Still, I actually have to thank him this time. He was right. The paella was meant for 6 people, not 2 as it said on the menu. That was a lot of rice. However, the flavor wasn't too great. It was......a little bland. I think the reason was that the pork shoulder was actually really flavorful, therefore the flavor of the paella got overpowered. I don't know if the seafood paella would be better. You guys can try it out yourself.
Let's talk about the pork shoulder.
The one on the right was the pork shoulder. It was very nicely cooked. It had a sweet flavor with all the juice in it. It was very tender. What surprised me a lot is the mashed potato (or yam.....I'm not really sure......). It had all the flavor of the meat in it and it was extra sweet. With the smooth and silky texture, it was a really awesome side dish. I recommend this one.
For the dessert, we got that cinnamon thingy. It was sour, REALLY sour. If you don't like sour stuff or you only like a little bit of sourness, DO NOT get it. I guess it was really healthy and stuff, but it wasn't my thing.
Oh yea, if you like something chill and fruity and alcoholic, try their white peach sangria. It was good and it wasn't too powerful. A really good social drink in my opinion.
So, here we go.
flavor: 3.5
service: 3.5 (even though the waiter was right, it still pisses me off, but it's just me. they actually fill your glass )
atmosphere: 3.5 (the restaurant looks nice and all, but cheese cake factory was only a few building down the street, and it looks better...........)
location: 4 (there's a lot of free parking, but driving on University Ave always makes me mad during rush hour)
price: 4 (reasonable, mostly)
overall: 3.5 (worth trying)
No comments:
Post a Comment