Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Epic Eurotrip--Chapter 0

Going on a Eurotrip has been on my bucket list for such a long time, but I've never had a chance to actually make it happen as I was either too busy or too poor. Thanks to Columbia University for accepting me for graduate school, I get to have some free time after quitting my job. I decided to make this happen.

The trip has its ups and downs, but it was amazing overall. I had a great time traveling around so many countries and trying many different things, whether it's walking around in a city that I knew nothing of, or eating the local food that I would never have another chance to try. Even the histories and myths are so interesting that I would stay awake during bus rides. They always say that going on trips is the only way to spend money but get richer. This trip really enhanced me in so many different ways. Most importantly, I now have some many good stories to tell people. When people talk about their own Eurotrips, I can now join them in some of the conversations and share my own experience.

I'm going to share my experience along with some information which can be TIL for a lot of people (a lot were TIL to me......) I'll try to update as frequently as possible and hope I won't get tired of this and start slacking off.

We traveled through 11 countries and 23 cities. Well, it's not as good as it sounds. For many cities, we only stayed for one night and didn't even get to tour the city (except I sometimes went out at night by myself.) This is how it looks.


Britain (London) => Belgium (Brussels) => Netherlands (Amsterdam) => Germany (Cologne, Frankfurt, Heidelberg) => Switzerland (Zurich, Lucerne) => Liechtenstein (Vaduz) => Austria (Innsbruck, Salzburg, Vienna, Graz) => Italy (Venice, Florence, Rome, Pisa) => Vatican City (which is inside Rome) => Monaco (Monte Carlo) => France (Nice, Avignon, Lyon, Paris)

The entire trip took 17 days (including almost 2 days on plane). Some cities are awesome and some not so much. However, the fact that I was in a foreign continent made me excited.

These posts will serve as my memo for this trip as well as my story to you guys (whoever has enough free time to read this)

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment