1) don't study and be doomed in the future
2) study hard and still possibly be doomed in the future
Either way, there's no win-win situation. After all, the college will own you no matter what, and you have no way to escape. Being in San Diego is a luxury to me, but I just can't really enjoy the nice weather or beautiful beach because I'm either at the library or in the lab all the time. Right now as I'm typing this, I'm in the lab. Yes! The lab that I did this in.
I gotta say it feels good when you can have the entire room by yourself and no one's gonna yell at you when you talk too loudly. At the same time it feels really lonely being here when you know some people might be at a party or at the beach or whatever. Well, at least there are some people in the next room so I don't feel too bad.
Every time when it's close to a weekend, I tell myself that I can finally get away from all the school work and rest a little. Well, guess what, weekends do not mean anything to me actually. I'll end up studying somewhere anyway. The only difference is that I don't have classes on weekends, but that's just an extra 1 or 2 hrs each day. How does that help, right?
Being an engineer means that all your work will take a tremendous amount of time, and that doesn't include reviewing notes for tests. True, we might only have one midterm for each class, but we have other things like projects that can take up to 3 or 4 weeks to finish, assuming you work hard everyday.
my life, or I should say all the engineers' lives are pretty boring (fine, all the engineers I know). A typical conversation of two engineering students is like...
A: hey, did you study for *** (code for a class)
B: no, I was studying for %%% (another class)
A: gosh! I wish I had more time! ### (yet another class) is totally killing me
B: well i still have a project due next week for $$$ (and yes, this is a class too)
A: crap! we're doomed.
What? You say this is a typical conversation for all students? Fine, how about this one...
A: dude, when can we finish this crap? I still have matlab assignment to do.
B: well, assuming we can finish this today you have all tomorrow.
A: gosh this is hard.
B: That's what she said!
A: ......... I'm bored of this. I wanna do something fun
B: Well, there are some NMOS's you can play with.
A: What am I gonna do with those?
B: I don't know. Build a current mirror or something
A: that requires BJT you dumb ass
B: Well, MOS can do the job too
Well, you get the idea. You may find this entry really pointless or something. Yes, it's supposed to be pointless. I just wanna whine about things. That's all.
But yea, my weekend can be summed up with four words: working in the lab.
Fun? I don't know. You get to be the judge.
That's exactly how my conversations with fellow students are... Sometimes I get so annoyed when people ask: "did you start the hw yet?" and then a day later is "how much of the hw have you done?," and "did you finish the hw/project/report blah blah?". Those sentences renew every week haha.
ReplyDeleteu guys noe whats a good way to relieve all this stress??
ReplyDeletea nice visit to your friendly neighbour up North .. =)