I had a post about UP before, and as I watched it again yesterday I actually got something new.
I'm not sure if the staff actually meant to create this but this is what I got.
For Muntz, he represents Carl's old self--stubborn and captured by his own wish. For Muntz, anything can be done as long as he gets Kevin, so he killed many people to keep those away from his bird. Then we have Carl, who's dream was to move his house to Paradise Fall, and he's willing to do anything to achieve this goal including letting Kevin go......if he actually did that of course.
Therefore, if Carl didn't read the rest of the Adventure Book and found out his wife's message, he might turn into a second Muntz......except he has no dogs.
And this is why Muntz has to die. Carl's no longer his old self, so this "old self" must die or disappear. There we go: Muntz must die.
Another point: I mentioned that I thought disney wouldn't kill villains in a violent way. Well, I was totally wrong. They do it all the time. So we were watching Snow White Diamond Edition, and if you've seen it you know how the queen died--pretty much the same way Muntz died. My friend said that disney always kills the villains in the most dramatic way. I guess that's true huh......
Oh btw, when we were watching snow white, we found this movie really funny cuz it makes no sense at all XDDDDD
No comments:
Post a Comment