Monday, November 16, 2009

College Food Series: 青椒包肉(Ground Pork in Bellpeppers)

I wanna call it 翡翠團圓 but it's college food so it should not have such fancy name.....o well

Thanks to Veteran's day, I've got some break to create some new things. One of the reasons why I should thank the veterans lol.

Sometimes I really wish I had better skill at photo shooting, so I can actually change the name college food series to college food porn series......lol

Anyway, let's get to the topic
Since it's college food, it's really easy as any other recipes introduced in the series.

Ingredients:
1) bell peppers x 2 (I choose the green ones. they go better with the meat.)
2) ground pork 1/2 lb
3) ginger and green onion, some

Procedures:

1) marinate the pork with a little soy sauce, and the solution made of rice wine, ginger, and green onion. Pour enough to cover the bottom of the bowl. (don't use too much, or else the meat is gonna have a strong alcohol taste, unless you like it that way of course.......)

ps. to make the solution, simply pour wine into a bowl with chopped ginger and G.O. and squeeze the juice out of them.

2) chop the bell peppers into 8 pieces (4 pieces for each bell pepper)

Okay, so there are actually two ways to cook this thing.

Method 1:
Pro: meat will cook for sure
Con: longer processing time, the shape might not fit into the bell pepper

3.1) shape the pork into balls and cook them in a pan.

4.1) take the pork out, and then put in the bell peppers. Just cook one side. It's good enough.

5.1) add some salt (no soy sauce. it kills the color) to the bell peppers to add some flavor

6.1) put the meat into the bell peppers

7.1) you are done!!!!!!!

Method 2:
Pro: it stays in desired shape, shorter processing time
Con: If you are not good enough to tell whether the meat is cooked or not, you might be eating raw meat later, it's a bit hard to turn it upside down sometimes

3.2) put the raw pork into the bell peppers

4.2) put them in the pan WITH THE MEAT FACING DOWN. It simply cooks faster this way. Also because the meat takes longer to cook. While waiting for the meat to cook, add some salt to the bell peppers

5.2) when the meat is almost cooked (tricky part, be careful), turn all of them upside down to cook the bell peppers

6.2) when both the meat and the bell peppers are completely cooked (you can tell the meat is cooked by sticking a chopstick in, if it goes through without a "sticky feeling," the meat is cooked.) turn off the stove

7.2) EAT!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't like bell peppers. The flavor always overcomes other ingredients. But this looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always see ur food posts when im hungry
    haha
    looks yummy~~

    ReplyDelete