Western Conference is still crazy, just like how it was last year and two years ago.
well....now Golden States is out of picture, i really don't know what to expect in west. and what's with portland? i really think Denver and Dallas should be before Portland. I'm not saying Portland is bad or anything, but I do think Denver and Dallas can be better. Also, I'm pretty sure the 8th seed has to win at least 45 games. I mean, come on, it's almost a western tradition now. I do think Lakers are gonna repeat its championship run, yet it will be hard repeating getting the title. The eastern big threes got some big moves (not saying swapping Ariza and Artest is not big but still) and are likely to stop Lakers. I think, besides GS's games, I'd watch more games of eastern conference.
Hope for Golden States:
1) Anthony Randolph:
seeing him in summer league really gives us a lot of hope, but Don Nelson is known for not giving chance to young players. Therefore, i really hope he will get enough minutes to show what he really has. Again, I know that summer league sometimes doesn't really mean much (look at Marco Belinelli few years ago......), but it really seems like he has something to prove. Golden States' front count is never strong. Counting on Biedrins or Turiaff alone is too big of a risk. If Randlph has something, let him show it. I do wanna see more inside plays. Run-and-gun is fine, but it would work better inside.
2) The back court:

aka Monta Ellis and Stephen Curry. These two are both shoot-before-pass players. If both are gonna start, who's gonna be 1 ? Or if there's really gonna be a 1?
It is true that a team doesn't really need a true point guard, and Warriors don't pass much anyway, but having a good point guard does help (looking back in 2006 and 07 when Baron Davis was still around, at least he passes sometimes......). Now both are not truly point guards, so I don't really know what is going to happen and what the style (what kind of run-and-gun) would the Warriors have this coming season.
3) Stephen Jackson's Future:
Jackson recently announced that he wants to be traded to be a contending team. Knowing that GS is probably not gonna be good for another 2 or 3 years, it is reasonable for a 31-year-old to want to feel more secured. I do hope Jackson can stay on the team, knowing that he can be a nice link between front and back court (he averaged 6.5 assists last season). He, however, does dribble too much sometimes, and I'm not a big fan of his fade-away three's.
All in all, he's a good player and provides good leadership (although he's known for getting technical fouls as well)
4) Don Nelson:
Well, my only hope here is that he can focus on coaching and stop fighting for power against the front office. Do your job Nelly, you are not good for those jobs that require writing or speaking anyway, so just be a coach, and please use your young players. Their growth is important.
5) playoff run:
Work hard Warriors!!! Although you guys' records are not that pleasant in recent years, but we still support you!!!!! Good luck in the coming season!!!!!!!
A little knowledge: in basketball, we usually use numbers to represent your positions
1: point guard
2: shooting guad
3: small forward
4: power forward
5: center
i hope i dont get it wrong......
All pcitures from Internet
No comments:
Post a Comment