Saturday, September 26, 2009

How I Met Your Mother

Okay.....so I've seen some depressing stuff on people's blog. It's true that we face things that don't go according to our ways, but that's also the interesting part of our lives, isn't it? Like people always say: when someone gives you lemon, you throw it right back at him you make lemonade :) This show has a lot of realistic stuff and unrealistic stuff. The realistic part makes us think while the other part makes us laugh. For those who are sad or depressed or whatever, go watch some of the episodes. It's really funny.

The story starts with a dad (Ted) telling his kids about his life back when he was late-20 and how he met their mom (yes! the title!). To them, everything happened in the past, but to us, the time in the show goes with our current time. The entire show is a big flashback.

There are five main characters who are good friends with each other. Of course they have to go through some fighting and arguing, but they are still good friends after all.

Characters:

Ted Mosby:
Ted is an architect who seeks for a woman for a long-term relationship and marriage. Throughout the show he gets with many but eventually breaks up with all of them. I'm not gonna talk about the characters too much in case of any spoiler. Watch the show!! :)

Marshall Eriksen:
Marshall is Ted's best friend ever since college. They lived together throughout their college life and still lived together for a while after college. He's a lawyer who's dream was to help the environment protecting organization to fight against the evil corporates. However, his dream doesn't seem to come true any time soon..... Marshall is a tall man who was raised in a "manly" family. All his brothers are taller than him (he's 6" 4') and his dad tried to make him become very manly. The family sure can eat. :)

Lily Aldrin:
Lily is Marshall's beloved woman. They got together on the first day of their college life and have been together ever since. Lily is a teacher at a kindergarten. Although she's kind and sweet most of the time, she does have those moments when she completely turns to the dark side(XD). She's also a painter whose painting is not acceptable to human beings but somehow is to dogs (and it's extremely bad to the birds).

Robin Scherbatsky:
A Canadian news reporter who moved to the US to chase her dream. However she could only work at a station called Metro News 1 that apparently has a really low viewing rate. Robin is introduced in the first episode of the first season. In the episode, Ted did something crazy to try to get her, but at the end the narrator (old Ted) revealed that Robin is only the kids' "aunty". Of course, there's more about Ted and Robin later on in the show, but we do know that they eventually stayed as friends. Robin's thought is kind of opposite of Ted's. For example, Ted wants to get married and have kids, but Robin just wants to chill and have fun in a relationship. She doesn't want commitment (or not yet?) and would not accept Ted's idea. Again, go watch the show. There's so much more. :) Oh yea, the other four always make fun of her for being Canadian or saying Canadian things. It might be a little offensive to my beloved Canadian friends but....I'm sorry it's just so funny XDDDD

Barney Stinson:
I know it's kinda sad to say this, but he's my favorite character. He's a womanizer who pretty much always wears a suit. He apparently worked at some mysterious company that no one knows what it does, and he never told anyone about his job (until certain episode when something happened to that company). He has many crazy ideas of judging a woman or how to get a woman to sleep with him. He also has a set of rules of life. He always says those ideas with the tone of "let me teach you something". In the show we learned why he always wears a suit and how he became who he is now. Barney's role is the comedian and the spice of the show. Without him the show would not be so interesting and so funny. And once more, go watch it.

For those who are college students and are suffering from all the works, I understand how you guys don't really have time, but we gotta loosen up a bit sometimes so we won't drive ourselves crazy. This show can be the buffer in real life. I'm sure it will give you some laughter, and you'll definitely enjoy it. :)


Oh yea, this show also talks about sex a lot (well...we got Barney here) so for those of you who can't take it, don't watch it. But hey, just talking about it wouldn't hurt would it? I say we should just relax and enjoy the show.

This is one of the shows I follow. I've followed many series such as The Office, Heroes (stopped), Big Bang Theory, and House (need to catch up). I'll try to give some introduction of these shows to those who have never seen them before.

6 comments:

  1. i wish i hav TV...
    LOL

    r these things available on you tube n such?

    ReplyDelete
  2. try hulu
    maybe they have it on that
    not sure tho

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen this show, but I do follow the Office (online of course). Anyone watch Lost? I follow it because I know it will end next year, instead of endless~

    Jason Segel (who plays Marshall) is funny though...he was in Freaks & Geeks which was pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This show is quite amazing.
    I see Ted in myself a lot...

    Except he's a lot cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the old man part?
    remember his old man list?
    you should try it sometimes XDDDD

    ReplyDelete